Monday, February 18, 2013

Blank Canvas

As we wrap up the final details on our hallway and foyer, I'm already looking ahead to our next project, the formal living room. Formal living rooms sometimes get a bad rap for being rooms that noone ever uses, but ours is my favorite room in the house. It is where you'll find me enjoying a cup of coffee on a weekend morning or where I'm likely to doze off for an afternoon nap.

Although you'd never be able to tell from the photos I took when we did our inspection walkthrough of the house, the natural light is quite wonderful in this room.



This room has already come a long way since then.
Most recently we stripped the wallpaper,
 And removed the crown molding (which wasn't original and not installed very well).
In December, the plasters installed a new ceiling and skimmed the walls.

 Now I've got a blank canvas. What to do? What to do?




17 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Can't wait to see what you do.

Cathy Wall said...

A blank canvas is always a fun place to begin, knowing you, this will be an amazing transformation!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

how fun! i've loved everything you have done so far so i can't wait to see!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Where, blank canvas! That is a great looking room already. Love the bay window!

Heather said...

How fun! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Holly said...

Blank canvas...ah, to dream. Please tell me a window seat is on the list for this room :)

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

The hard part is over and now the fun starts! Cant wait to see what your going to do....

DecorandtheDog said...

What a pretty room! Get to work. I think the husband should build you more end tables. :P

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Now that's a fun problem to have! :) I know whatever you do, it will be amazing!

emily said...

As always, I can't wait to see what you do in there! I am in the process of figuring out what I want to do in our formal living room too!

iris said...

A nice shade of grey and some lovely, comfy furniture.

LindsB said...

so many choices! I'm sure whatever you do in here will be awesome!

James Curtis said...

Hi, For further design, you may add floral painting design for walls, Glass Doors, ceilings, and main doors or paint with abstract shapes. Good luck to your renovation. I'll wait for the makeover.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

wow, you guys never take a break. It's a great room and you have great taste so it's a no brainer that it's going to be fab.

Nancy said...

This is looking amazing. Loving the blank canvas..one rarely has that to work with! Love the bay window. Maybe go all white..you can always add color later!
xo Nancy
Powellbrower.com

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

This room has so much potential! I absolutely cannot wait to see what you do with it! It's going to be amazing I'm sure!

galih pamungkas said...

this blog make me a ideas to Home Design ideas|Home Design|minimalist Home Design|Modern House Design|Bedroom Design|Home interior Design thats all very help me on develope my furniture skills, and onwe things that importan is home design is very happy, apk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...