Monday, February 11, 2013

My Masterpiece

I had some free time over the weekend being snowed in and all, so I took advantage of it.
I bought a gilded frame at an antique shop for $25 last fall.  It just needed someone to love it, rescue it, and nurse it back to health.
It only took me 6 months, but I eventually did just that with a little rub n buff.
Your welcome, Frame.

But it was missing something. Oh yes, some artwork.

Now some people buy bread, milk, and eggs in preparation for a nor'easter, I made sure I had art supplies on hand.
I had no idea what I was going to paint on the canvas but I knew I wanted it to be turquoise. I think turquoise and gold look very pretty together.
In the end, I didn't paint anything at all. I kind of just mixed the paint and spread it all around on the canvas. I added some black streaks for good measure. I decided I liked it so I left it alone. Then I signed it to make it look like someone who knew what they were doing painted it.

I know. I'm not fooling anyone.
I hung it on the wall in a bare and blah spot in our bedroom. 

I call it "Nemo". 



21 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow you guys got a ton of snow! I like Nemo, my husband would refer to this as Bluuue (from the movie Old School).

Cathy Wall said...

Now that is a great way to pass the time while being snowed in! Nemo looks great dressed up in that fancy frame!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love the colors you used- so pretty! and yeah, i stock up on wine and craft supplies, too. :) love the name for your art- perfect.

DecorandtheDog said...

All good artists sign and name their paintings. Hilarious. It is honestly quite lovely. Start that Etsy shop. People pay crazy amounts of money for paint swirls.

Ashley said...

Eggs, milk, bread, art supplies--I love your priorities. The frame looks great!

LindsB said...

hahahha, the name for your masterpiece totally made me crack up- it's perfect!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

LOL - "Nemo", that's funny!
It came out great - something about the way it flows is really appealing, and of course those blues…so pretty.
Love how you singed it specifically for the pro effect! Nice touch!
Hope you survived the "blizzard" okay!

pam {simple details} said...

Nemo is perfect with your neutrals, one of my favorite looks is abstract in an ornate gold frame! I'm going to go sign mine! :)

Holly said...

An original that looks great on that wall w/ that chair. Love the colors in it.

Ashley said...

I'm not usually a fan of art in general, but I really like your painting! It reminds me of the barrel of a big wave as it's cresting.

lmcniff said...

All hail nemo! The roads were insane this morning..! This frame is amazing. Gold + turquoise is magical. And the frame is seriously delicious, great job!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Love your diy art - the frame is wonderful, too!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous! Sooo vibrant, love the intensity of the color with the rich gold..well done!

Section 36 said...

I love it!

Tiffany said...

Love it. Gold and turquoise really do look great together.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

That's stunning. You're right, turquoise and gold are beautiful together. Nice job!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

This looks great! I absolutely love the gold and the teal together!

emily said...

The frame is beautiful and I love your Nemo painting!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

It's very pretty! And your frame looks gorgeous with Nemo! :)

Nancy said...

LOVE it! Hope you have enough bread and milk, too!
Your shih tzu looks like my Nicky..so cute. Take care and good luck with the storm cleanup.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kelly said...

GORGEOUS! It pops off that wall so hard, in all the right ways. LOVE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...