Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Productive Weekend

The dust may have settled on all our previous projects, but still some lingering annoyances remained. You know how it goes, you put away all the paint and tools only to notice the areas that got missed with the caulk gun or spots on the walls that need a paint touch up.
Our hallway (yes, the one we "finished" over a year ago), still needed a cover for the baseboard heating element. We took the old one off because the metal was dented and damaged. When it came time to replace it, it just didn't seem right to put an ugly old metal one back on. We've been living with the heating element exposed ever since!
We toyed with the idea of ordering a custom baseboard cover (like this one, or this one here), but Chris ultimately decided to make one himself. It only took him a few hours & $25 in supplies to make our hallway look so much more polished and um... finished. If I had known it was going to be that easy, I would have made him do it months ago. Ha!
Looks good, right? Of course, now I want them for all the rooms in our house.

Chris wasn't the only one who got to cross a task off the punch list. I made a faux relaxed roman shade for the window in our upstairs hallway. I just repeated the same steps I used for the shade in our guest bathroom, but this time I skipped the fight with the sewing machine and used hem tape. I also added a liner.

I scored the Zimba remnant from Maggie G Designs. It gives a nice little punch at the end of our long hallway.

What projects did you cross off your list this weekend?

12 comments:

Down Raspberry Lane said...

Both projects turned out beautifully, and you have me almost wishing for baseboard heaters! And I love that fabric, it does pack just the right punch.

Cathy Wall said...

Chris is gonna be one busy guy making all of those awesome baseboard heat covers! What a fun pop of pattern the faux roman is, love it!

Ri Home said...

Punch lists can be so annoying. Especially when my better half has one with my name all over it.

The heating baseboard came out great as did the shade. I'm far from being an Interior Decorator, but the colors all look perfect.

Your floors are classic with the way the edging is done. Now they just bring them up to the wall and cover them with baseboard.

Linda Pakravan said...

the heating cover is genius!

Holly said...

Can Chris then come down to our house and do baseboard covers for us as well? I HATE the look of our baseboard heat and have been thinking about how it will look when we update the covers. This is exactly what I needed to be able to envision them looking pretty. And nice shade for that window - that looks great. Believe it or not, I took a sick day on Thursday and while I was sick I also used it as time to get the house in order - clean, organize, etc.

Ashley said...

Are you willing to share Chris's talents with the rest of the world? He's pretty darn talented (and so are you--love the faux Roman shade).

Janna McCalley said...

Wow! Both projects turned out so good!

Anna [DirectionsNotIncluded] said...

It's amazing how such little projects can stay on the list forever. They look great!

Ashley said...

Looks AWESOME and perfect!

Nancy {at} powellbrower at home said...

Fantastic. I always love to pop in and see what you two talented people have done lately. Your photos are lovely as well. xo Nancy

Alex Dent said...

Nice shade and that has to be the nicest looking baseboard radiator cover that I've ever seen.

Robert Parker said...

I like the idea that you share here and I hope there is a fresh idea that can be shared in the future
If later there was a chance I would like to exchange thoughts with you
Thank you very much for sharing interesting things here
obat pembesar vimax contoh vimax original distributor vimax original ciri vimax Palsu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...